Luc De Ceuster, MSc, PMP
Quantitative methods have been derived from Operations Research and provide solutions to problems related to the management of operations related to business, production, and project management.
In quantitative methods, mathematical and statistical methods are used to resolve recurring problems, evaluate processes, and make predictions related to production capacities.
Who should take this course?
The methods described, presented, and applied in these courses are useful for people in a management position and dealing with decision making, operations evaluation and optimization, project, and quality managers.
The materials presented in this course are very useful for students in business administration, engineering, IT, project management, and other technically oriented branches.
Content of the Course
The course is divided into different chapters each providing in-depth knowledge about a particular technique used in quantitative methods.
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods
- Decision-Making Models and Decision Trees
- Forecasting Methods
- Inventory Management and Optimization
- Principles of Linear Programming
- Application of LP on Transportation, Transshipment and Assignment Problems, including the Simplex Method and Solver in Excel
- Project Management
- Network Optimization problems
- Quality Management and Statistical Process Control
- Final Quiz